Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Witter, the true story.

2 posters

Go down

Jimmy Witter, the true story. Empty Jimmy Witter, the true story.

Post  JimiWitter Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:29 am

Greetings one and all ! My name is Jimi Witter. I am the son of the late, great , Jimmy Witter, AKA,Ron Hart, Dr Soul. The link provided by ted webb as to my Dad's Discology info, is not entirely accurate.
First, his real name was James Avery Witter Sr. Born in Charlotte, NC. In the early 50s he became a local radio jock with a finger on the pulse of this new thing called ROCK & ROLL. Becoming increasingly popular Jimmy knew how to market his craft. Radio Stations on both coasts wanted him as did several record companies. United Artists, Elvis 900, lolita, Neptune to name a few. Jimmy met and fell in love with my mother
Kathryn Diane in Tampa in the early 60s. For some reason everyone seems to think her name was "Angie" . Maybe it was the Blonde Boufondt hair do, it kind of made her look like Angie Dickerson. From Tampa they went out to San Francisco. Living on the hill in twin peaks Sly Stone was a neighbor. He gave my Mom Two Great Danes named Trip and Stoner for protection. Things unfortunately fell apart for my Dad. He got heavily into dope, divorced and in 1974 he commited suicide.....
I have only vague memories of him. I had never even met my Mom until 2 years ago. My Grandparents Jimmy's parents raised me. Just within the last 2 years, through fans and websites such as this, I was able to piece together my own history.
Thank you all for your continued support and for helping to keep lit the fire that consumes us all, Rock & Roll...
love the forum, GREAT JOB!!!
Jimi Witter

JimiWitter

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Witter, the true story. Empty Re: Jimmy Witter, the true story.

Post  the icky poo Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Jimi
Thanks for dropping by, great to hear your story, puts a bit of background to your dad and his music. I've only heard the Elvis 45 - two real killer sides.

the icky poo
Admin

http://www.tittyshakers.com

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Witter, the true story. Empty jimmy witter/ron hart on youtube

Post  JimiWitter Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks for the thanks. If anyone is interested there are some ron hart and jimmy witter tunes other than the elvis 900 cuts on youtube. "Ghost of Gary" is one of my personal faves. I have been collecting all of my Dads 45s and hope to make a compilation CD along with some stuff never before released. I will keep you guys posted...

JimiWitter

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Witter, the true story. Empty Re: Jimmy Witter, the true story.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum